With warmer spring weather right around the corner, these updates will give you a beautiful outdoor space to enjoy now and through summer!
- Add a Pergola. This slatted structure is a beautiful way to provide partial shade to your patio, and can be outfitted with lights, a ceiling fan and sound system. Identify your budget and your goals to decide what you need!
- Create an Outdoor Kitchen. Amenities like a grill, sink, mini-fridge or freezer can level up any family barbeque.
- Cozy Up by the Fire. Gas-powered fire tables offer an intimate space to enjoy food or drinks, and bring a chic modern look to any backyard space. Fire pits, on the other hand, offer more of a bonfire vibe. Small wood-burning fire pits are relatively affordable, and can be picked up at any home improvement store to brighten up limited outdoor space.
- Choose the Right Lights. Edison bulb string lights offer a timeless look that presents a warm, comforting glow. Hanging them also optimizes space on smaller decks or balconies!
- Plant a Garden. Gardens are beautiful to look at and fun for the whole family. No room for a full-sized garden? Create a smaller one for herbs on your deck or balcony.
- Dress up Plain Walls. Cover empty walls with a DIY vertical planter or outdoor art piece. Consider leaning a lattice trellis against the wall and covering it with plants.
- Incorporate Privacy Hedges. Need some more privacy? Use greenery as a natural divider by installing privacy hedges instead of an overbearing fence or wall.
- Install a Patio or Deck. Patios can be a great project for more experienced DIYers, and can dress up any flat backyard space. To build a deck, you’ll most likely want to hire a professional. These work great for uneven terrain.
With outdoor activities still being the safest way to gather with friends and family outside your household, consider getting a jump on your yard’s transformation. Happy summer!