A strong online presence is essential for a successful business in today’s market. Even agents who get a majority of their clients through repeat and referral business know they need to maintain their brand online in order to meet these clients where they are and stay front and center.
Building your brand presence in the digital world is an easy and effective way to communicate your values and business model to your customers. Your brand should be consistent across all web platforms — after a quick scan of your social media or personal website, clients should understand how you work and what they can expect from you.
Here is a checklist to help shape your own digital presence to make it user-friendly and reflective of your brand.
Your Personal Website
- Eye-catching simple design.
- Easy to navigate with clear menus and action items.
- Detailed, easy-to-find contact information.
- Updated with the latest information on your business.
- A blog section for news and value-add pieces.
- A page for your mission, core values and how you run your business.
Tip: If you don’t already have a website, it’s easy to get started! Popular drag-and-drop design sites like Wix, WordPress or Squarespace make it easy to craft a beautiful, user-friendly website.
Social Media Profiles
- Consistent handles across all platforms (@RealEstatePro on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Frequent posts on each platform with mixed media.
- Pictures and videos maintain a similar look-and-feel.
- Content adds positivity and value to the client.
- Request and maintain a reviews section.
- Follow other professionals in your field.
Tip: You may not need to be on every platform! Figure out what your clients are using and meet them on those platforms with valuable content that reflects your brand.
Online Engagement Strategy
- Host live broadcasts on social media with market or business updates.
- Collaborate with other business owners on digital workshops.
- Create events and save-the-dates for online broadcasts/workshops.
- Like, comment and share the posts of clients when appropriate.
- Reshare positive testimonials or posts about your business!
- Direct message clients to take the engagement a step further!
Tip: If your brand is built on the fundamentals of good business, then you’ll need to prioritize client relationships! All of your actions online should further the relationship with your clients and build trust.
Once you’ve started on your digital brand strategy, you’ll need a way to track all of the business you’re generating! That’s where you’ll want to invest in a great real estate CRM — consider it the icing on the cake.
Buffini & Company Referral Maker® CRM helps real estate agents execute and track their lead generation and marketing efforts. Sign up for your free trial today and bring your branding and business to the next level!