Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching! Even if your family is spending most of your days at home, there are still plenty of fun activities you can do to show your love for each other.
Check out these five cute Valentine’s Day activities that are fun for the entire family!
- Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards — A classic tradition for many, crafting homemade Valentine’s Day cards is a fun way to raid your craft box (or closet) and get creative. Have your kids make a list of people they’d like to send these to — aunts, cousins, best friends, grandparents, etc. Spend a day dreaming up different designs and get to crafting! Be sure to mail or drop off the cards to the recipients shortly after.
- Host a Family-Friendly Brunch — Ever heard of “Galentine’s Day”? Coined by TV’s favorite city councilwoman Leslie Knope on the show Parks and Rec, this holiday is when a group of gal pals get together the day before Valentine’s Day to eat breakfast food and celebrate friendships. Bring this TV holiday tradition to your family celebration by hosting a family brunch and sharing what you love about each other. Don’t forget the waffles!
- Valentine’s Day Bake-Off — Search for Valentine’s themed recipes on sites like Pinterest. Anything pink or heart-shaped is usually a good place to start! Host a bake-off where you split your family into teams to craft your sweet treats. Taste everything at the end to see whose dessert spread takes the heart-shaped cake.
- Go On a Treasure Hunt — Hold a Valentine’s Day-themed treasure hunt for your kids using items around the house. This example of an at-home treasure hunt features clues with cute holiday references to get things started. If you’re feeling creative, you may even write your own! The “treasure” can be whatever you want, whether that’s a bag of candy or a healthier alternative.
- Decorate Your Home — Why not go all out with the home decor? Hang up homemade Valentine’s Day decorations, and break out all the heart-shaped pillows, blankets and anything else that fits the vibe. Encourage your family to dress up in red or pink as well!
You can still make this Valentine’s Day special for your family, even without leaving the home!