When you show your team that you’re committed to their personal and professional growth, you can increase retention and level them up for success. Agents that are led by effective real estate training and motivation feel valued and empowered. This is a win-win for everybody! Not only will you help your agents succeed, but you’ll also have a loyal team that could bring in more referrals.
One great way to show your team that you’re dedicated to their success is to host a goal planning and strategy session. These sessions work best when they have a lively, workshop feel. Think of it as a synergy session where everyone can brainstorm and swap ideas.
By the end of the session, everyone will recognize the importance of setting goals and working together to achieve them. When your team has something exciting they’re working toward, they will be more inclined to check in with each other, share tips and ideas and offer support.
Here’s a brief session outline to help you get started:
- For the first 15 minutes, foster collaboration by beginning the meeting with company goals or anything you’ll be working on collectively.
- Think of the goals as a strategy – write them down and then have everyone ideate action steps around them. For example, the team can plan the Pop-By’s and client appreciation parties for the coming quarter.
- Make sure these goals are S.M.A.R.T.: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Based.
- For the next 15 minutes, have everyone write their individual goals. These should be both short-term and long-term. Start out with 10-day goals, then 3-months and, finally, 1-year goals.
- Have some inspirational music playing during this. If you need some motivational tunes, the “Win the Day” or “Get Fired Up” playlists will do the trick.
- Ensure that each agent’s goals include the five main areas of life – or what we at Buffini & Company call the 5 Circles: spiritual, family, business, financial and personal.
- Wrap things up with an open discussion where anyone can share their goals or get advice on how to break down any goal-blocking barriers.
Goal planning sessions keep your agents committed and focused, ensuring you have a strong, dynamic team that’s poised for success. Buffini & Company offers a suite of real estate training courses, including several modules that delve into how to set smart, effective goals. Get Buffini Certified today to lead these programs in your office and take your team to the next level.